LAM LHA is a leading global consultancy to the aviation security and passenger facilitation industry.
Interested in joining our Team? We accept rolling submissions of interest and will keep your information on file. Please get in touch: email@example.com
INTERN POSITION (Paris or Washington DC)
An opportunity to experience close hand the workings of a multicultural boutique consultancy and to learn more about the world of aviation security.
LAM LHA is a leading global consultancy to the aviation security and passenger facilitation industry. Founded in 2015, with offices in Washington, DC and Paris, France, we are a boutique strategy and federal market advisory firm that offers the world’s most innovative technology companies and aviation operators a competitive edge through our unrivalled expertise and industry insight. Our people are at the heart of everything LAM LHA accomplishes; we pride ourselves on working hard, helping each other, and over-delivering for our rockstar clients… every-single-time. We are also nerdy about aviation and security, and how these sectors and the mission space are constantly evolving through new and emerging tech.
What we’re looking for in our Interns:
This internship is the perfect fit for an energetic graduate student (2+yrs of work experience a plus) who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in a variety of projects; you will need to be confident in using your initiative. Ideally you will have some knowledge of how regulation is created in the EU and its Member States and a strong interest in the field of security.
We’re looking for an intern who is comfortable with a small, informal working environment (either remotely or on-site in our office) and who is not afraid to speak up – we’d love to have your perspective!
What you’ll be responsible for as an Intern:
- Daily: Media tracking, European Union regulatory monitoring, mapping and monitoring of other resources.
- Ongoing: Providing support to the Advisory Team related to client activities, analysis development & delivery, airport/airline engagements, company research and client development.
- On ad hoc basis: research on different topics to support internal IP development and client delivery.
- Towards the latter half of your opportunity: Research on a particular topic and related analysis (report, presentation of results, and final evaluation by consulting team & university)
You’ll thrive in this internship if this sounds like you:
You want to learn more. Having already acquired some knowledge of the world of security, you are seeking to build on this and improve your understanding of security in aviation. You are also keen to find out more about EU policy-making and EU institutions.
You’re a doer. You enjoy taking initiative, which means you don’t need to be micromanaged. You can work autonomously whilst also being an asset to the team. You can think creatively according to the situation.
A start up environment appeals to you. Things can change quickly and sometimes it’s all hands on deck. Knowing how to adapt to different situations and prioritize your work accordingly doesn’t faze you.
In a nutshell, your profile is:
- Energetic graduate student (2+ years of work experience a plus)
- Comfortable with small/nimble/informal/remote environments
- Some knowledge of the field of security
- Knowledge of European Union institutions and European policy-making.
- Fluent in English; Proficient in French (for Paris office)
- Not afraid to take initiative and speak up
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in consulting a plus.
You in? Here are the details:
Paris: Full-Time, 6 month period
Washington DC: Part time, 6 month period
Position Start Date: Currently seeking summer/fall 2022 intern but accepting applications on a rolling basis
- Standard internship remuneration
- Experience working on transportation & security issues in a start-up environment
- Consulting experience
- Enthusiastic and multicultural team with deep expertise and large network
- Easily accessible office location or remote work if desired
Action: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org